Tuesday, October 27, 2009

As for me and my house


If serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve.... As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
- Joshua 24:15

Every day we are faced with the opportunity to choose to obey God or not. Obedience leads to blessing and disobedience to regrets, curses and pain. In the Christian walk, sometimes obeying God leads to pain, we call it persecution, trials, testing...

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3. knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

In these times, we run to our Father for strength, we wait on Him, we rest in His love, we relish His grace and trust in His faithfulness;

"They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." -Isaiah 40:31

Then He lifts us up, He takes pleasure in us and He fills our mouths with good things, yes, as for me and my house, we will serve Adonai!

No comments: