Thursday, June 4, 2009

Loshon Tov



One of the ways I grew as a Christian was by saying what God says. The Bible instructed me to declare God's word and my pastors encouraged me to proclaim the word as well. My grandmother and mother were also "big" on words so I ended up prioritizing good speech as a lifestyle.

Loshon Tov means "good tongue" in Hebrew language. A similar word in the Greek is homologeo. Rabbi Shaul (Apostle Paul) emphasized the importance of the speaking the word when he wrote in 2 Corinthians 4:13 "I believed; therefore I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak. Our speech is consequently our faith and our "life".

I possess a loshon tov, I possess a good tongue. The law of kindness is on my tongue, I am blessed and I am a blessing, I heal others with my tongue in Yeshua's name!

No comments: